SOURCE Intelligence now has over 600 resources, including: fundamental industry knowledge and tips, market research, video resources and handy downloadable sustainable sourcing and product tables — saving you time, money and the headache of doing all the research on your own.
SOURCE Intelligence content is researched and produced by a small team of dedicated in-house researchers, more than 30 contributors from all over the world and a handful of expert columnists, such as: Responsible Trade Worldwide, Ethical Trading Initiative, Best Foot Forward + more.
Sign up to the SOURCE Intelligence bi-monthly newsletter bringing you the latest tips, expert advice and best practice case studies on sustainability + fashion:
SOURCE Intelligence content benefits you by:
- Pulling together key industry intelligence on combining commercial success with sustainability
- Saving you time and money — Doing your own research is time-consuming & expensive!
- Lots of case studies of fashion brands and suppliers that are getting things right
- Exclusive market research you won’t find anywhere else
- Insider knowledge and expert tips on meeting your triple bottom line and building your brand
SOURCE Intelligence is organised into 4 main sections:
1. BUSINESS FOCUS
A comprehensive overview of latest developments in the fashion business sector — with a focus on sustainability.
This section looks at:
- How companies are integrating sustainability strategy into business operations
- Which businesses are meeting the triple bottom line and how
- How big businesses are achieving big impact
- Finance + funding for sustainable fashion business
- Legal issues, regulation and the sustainable business environment
- Ways to achieve resource efficiency
2. MARKET AND SALES WATCH
The latest information on the market for fashion products- including product sector, geographic, customer profile and other analysis- with a focus on the opportunities for sustainable and ethically produced ranges.
This sections looks at:
- Marketing and sales strategy, how to build your brand sustainably and commercially
- Market trends, what’s going on across the sector around the world, what’s selling and what’s not
- Interviews with buyers and boutiques about sustainable fashion retail
- Brand case studies – how successful sustainable and ethical brands have managed to achieve growth
- Building brand awareness – how to get the right brand image and communicate your brand story
- Overviews of industry trade shows, what’s worth doing and what’s not
3. SUPPLY FOCUS
Detailed information on latest developments in sustainable sourcing in the fashion sector, from fibre to final product.
This section looks at:
- Latest developments and reviews of the various certifications and standards
- The opportunities and challenges of producing fashion products in different parts of the world
- In-depth reviews of production opportunities globally and by sector
- Supplier case studies – looking at what is best practice in sustainability, ethical and commercial success
- Overviews of trade shows worldwide – which ones are worth doing
4. RESOURCES & TRAINING
In-depth research reports, downloadable product and sourcing tables, training videos and actionable tools; including advice and analysis from some of the foremost experts in the field of fashion and sustainability and dedicated research from the in-house SOURCE team.
- Sustainable Sourcing Matrixes – focused on different fabrics, products, supplier and regions of the world
- In-depth, exclusive market research conducted through surveys by our in-house team
- Event videos and training videos on brand building, sourcing, setting business strategy, marketing + more
- Tools that help you build sales and get your marketing strategy right
- Beginner’s Guides to Sustainable Sourcing
SOURCE Intelligence is a not-for-profit initiative from the Ethical Fashion Forum.
As a not-for-profit, SOURCE Intelligence relies on experts from around the world and across the industry to contribute knowledge voluntarily.
SOURCE Contributors are those with a wealth of knowledge and a passion to share all that they have learned about matching commercial success with social and environmental best practice.
The income from subscribing members is reinvested towards the core goals of the Ethical Fashion Forum and this means you are helping us to:
- Offers subsidised access to individuals and organisations that need it most —- i.e. small and fair trade cooperatives and disadvantaged groups based in the developing world.
- Putting on events and bringing you an unprecedented amount of shared learning that facilitates and supports sustainable business success, all over the world.