SOURCE Intelligence aims to support fashion businesses towards sustainable success without compromise to people or to the environment. It is part of the EFF’s SOURCE Platform, which includes the SOURCE Database – the world’s most comprehensive ethical sourcing and business database for the fashion sector, and the SOURCE Expo – which is the only fashion industry trade show dedicated to sustainable suppliers and manufacturers.
Articles in SOURCE Intelligence:
- SAVE MONEY, MAKE MONEY and SAVE TIME for fashion professionals and members using the intelligence.
- Offer valuable, comprehensive, and practical information to support fashion professionals to maximise benefits to people and minimise impact on the environment, through their sourcing and business practices.
- Offer brief and concise executive summaries of all content, new developments in relation to fashion and sustainability, and best practice- meeting the needs and limited time of busy fashion professionals
- Offer well researched analysis, expert opinion, advice and tips from sector leaders
- Facilitate commercial success for fashion businesses which are sustainability pioneers.
SOURCE Intelligence is a NOT FOR PROFIT initiative from the Ethical Fashion Forum:
The income from subscriptions to the SOURCE is reinvested towards the core goals of the Ethical Fashion Forum, as set out above. As a social enterprise, the EFF:
- Offers subsidised or free access to content to individuals and organisations that need it most- for example small and fair trade cooperatives and groups based in the developing world.
- Generates income through subscriptions from users that can be used to subsidise access by small and fair trade initiatives, as well as projects on the ground towards the EFF’s social and environmental goals.
SOURCE Intelligence content is organised in 4 sections:
1. BUSINESS FOCUS
A comprehensive overview of latest developments in the fashion business sector- with a focus on sustainability. It looks in depth at the businesses which are succeeding in sustainability and commercial terms and evaluates this success, offers an overview of latest best practice and the ways that fashion businesses with sustainability goals can turn challenges into opportunities, create value, access finance and build models for commercial success:
- Business profiles – which businesses are successfully combining sustainability with commercial success and why.
- Latest information on finance and funding for the fashion sector, including emerging opportunities for social enterprise.
- Strategies for success.
2. MARKET AND SALES WATCH
The latest information on the market for fashion products- including product sector, geographic, customer profile and other analysis- with a focus on the opportunities for sustainable and ethically produced ranges. It includes reports drawing from a network of buyers in the fashion mainstream as well as from retailers which focus on sustainable product, market statistics and surveys, and the information on trade shows that will save potential exhibitors a lot of time and money- which trade shows work best for which type of product, who attends them, what price points they expect to pay, which kind of brands do well there and why.
- Shop reports – what fashion sector shops are stocking, what is selling and why, with a focus on sustainable brands
- Interviews with buyers
- Market reports, including latest ethical market sector developments
- Trade show reviews
3. SUPPLY FOCUS
Detailed information on latest developments in sustainable sourcing in the fashion sector, and includes in depth best practice case studies, certification and standards updates and reviews, in depth reviews of production opportunities and sustainability issues in different parts of the world, supplier case studies and information on sustainable textiles, components and processes.
- Latest developments in certification and standards
- Global outlook –the opportunities and challenges of producing fashion products in different parts of the world
- Supplier and product profiles
4. EXPERT ANALYSIS
Advice and analysis from some of the foremost experts in the field of fashion and sustainability.
The EFF works with several partners in order to increase the impact of the SOURCE Platform, including:
Read more about our SOURCE Partners and their work.
Sign up to free SOURCE Bulletins – bringing content from SOURCE Intelligence directly to your inbox every month.
SOURCE Intelligence includes Members Only as well as some free content. Become a Subscriber of EFF to gain full access.