LOOKING AHEAD AND MOVING FORWARD – EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
￼The main aim of this Market Report is to better understand how the ethical and sustainable fashion market has changed in recent years and to forecast likely trends for its growth and development in the future.
The SOURCE research team behind this report has found that the market for ethical and sustainable fashion is growing in size and product breadth; the number of ethical brands is increasing as is the number of retailers, those exclusively stocking sustainable fashion as well as those stocking ethical products amongst a wider selection – making the availability of ethical fashion greater than ever before.
Other key findings suggest that ethical fashion is concentrated at the mid-market level, dominated by womenswear, and increasingly available online. The ethical and sustainable message is increasingly seen as an added value element in the eyes of standard multi-brand retailers, used as a competitive edge rather than a segregated product offer.
CONTENTS OF THIS MARKET REPORT:
- The development of the sustainable and ethical product market
3. Understanding multi-brand retailers
- Multibrand retailers dedicated to stocking exclusively sustainable product
- Multi-brand retailers: not exclusively stocking sustainable brands * Sustainable buying
4. Understanding ethical and sustainable brands (page 5)
- Product ranges
- Market placing and growth
- An expanding online presence
- Best sellers vs slower sellers
- Focus on fashion
- Fabric and garment certification
5. Understanding consumers
- Responses from consumers….
- What are they looking for from sustainable fashion brands?
6. Looking ahead and moving forward
- Key findings
- Opportunities for sustainable ethical brands and retailers
- Future market developments
Sign in to read the full article